1. How GoHorseShow.com Collects Information
Personal Data you provide
Information GoHorseShow.com collects
2. Our Use of Your Information
3. Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to Third Parties
4. GoHorseShow.com Opt-in/Opt-out Policy
5. Third Party Advertising and Links to other Sites
6. Access and Correction
7. Guidelines regarding children
8. Public forums/chat rooms/message boards/bulletin boards/social networking
9. How we protect and secure your information
10. Applicable Law
12. Contact Information
1. How GoHorseShow.com Collects Information A. Personal Data you provide to GoHorseShow.com Personally Identifiable Information is any information that can be used to identify a specific individual such as your name, email address, home address, and phone number. GoHorseShow.com asks you to provide Personally Identifiable Information in various places throughout the GoHorseShow.com Network. Some of these areas where the collection of such information takes place are listed below:
Member Registration In order to use many of GoHorseShow.com's features, tools and services, we ask you to register to become a member. During this member registration process, we will ask you for Personally Identifiable Information.
Email Newsletters GoHorseShow.com offers electronic newsletters. You will be required to provide a valid email address as well as any other information that is relevant to the delivery of the newsletter.
Surveys and Polls GoHorseShow.com offers online surveys and questionnaires that ask users for opinions on various issues and/or other information. Occasionally, we may request demographic information (like zip code, age or gender) when you answer a survey. Such surveys are completely voluntary.
Sweepstakes and Contests We occasionally operate sweepstakes, contests and giveaways throughout the GoHorseShow.com Network. We typically ask you for your email address and/or phone number (to notify you if you've won, or not). We also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses in order to verify the entrant's identity. In some situations, we need additional information as part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice.
ECommerce Transactions When you engage in an ecommerce transaction such as the purchase of advertisements on the GoHorseShow.com Network you may be asked to provide credit card information and other Personally Identifiable Information in order to complete the transaction.
B. Information gathered by GoHorseShow.com and its third party service providers When you visit the GoHorseShow.com Network and interact with the services and tools that reside there, GoHorseShow.com and third parties with whom GoHorseShow.com has contracted to provide services to GoHorseShow.com may collect information on your actions. This type of information is generally collected from two sources. One is from the server log files and the other is from cookies.
IP Address Your IP address is a number that is assigned by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to your computer to identify its location. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. We also sometimes use IP addresses to communicate with members and subscribers and possibly even ban those members who are not complying with our Terms of Service.
You may modify your browser preference to provide you with choices relating to cookies. You have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies you may be unable to use those GoHorseShow.com services that require registration in order to participate or will have to sign in each time you visit the GoHorseShow.com Network.
2. How GoHorseShow.com uses Information it collects GoHorseShow.com uses the information you provide for several purposes, such as to communicate with you and to give you a better experience when visiting the GoHorseShow.com Network by personalizing tools, content, services and email messages. GoHorseShow.com also uses this information to build new services and develop offers that GoHorseShow.com believes are more relevant and valuable to you.
The information collected by GoHorseShow.com is also used to create aggregated portraits of the GoHorseShow.com audience, portraits which present anonymous statistical demographic information but no personally identifiable information. This aggregated information is used, among other things, to determine trends and needs, and also to supply market research to potential advertisers and partners to help them understand who the GoHorseShow.com audience is.
GoHorseShow.com offers the ability to forward an article to another person via email. If you use this service, we will use the recipient's email address in order to send the article and we will also ask for your email address. We do not use the recipient's email address for any other purpose unless such recipient gives us permission to do so.
Oftentimes, sweepstakes and contests offered on the GoHorseShow.com Network are sponsored by unaffiliated third parties. Information that you provide as part of an entry into a sponsored sweepstakes or contest may be shared with the sponsor. Most sweepstakes and contests will also ask you to consent to the release of information contained within the entry form for tax purposes if you become a winner. You should carefully review the rules of each sweepstakes, contest and giveaway which you enter as they may contain additional important information about GoHorseShow.com's or a sponsor's use of your personally identifiable information. The information you provide on pages of the GoHorseShow.com Network that are co-branded with a third party (including tools that are hosted by a third party) may be shared with advertisers and partners on an aggregated basis and in these instances your permission will not be requested since no Personally Identifiable Information will be shared or provided to these third party sponsors or advertisers. GoHorseShow.com will, however, use commercially reasonable efforts to contractually require all such third party advertisers and partners to agree not to use any non-personally identifiable information about you, in conjunction with other sources of information, or otherwise, to identify you.
4. The GoHorseShow.com Opt-in/Opt-out Policy Upon registration or from time-to-time, you may be asked to indicate whether you are interested in receiving information from us about special offers or news about the GoHorseShow.com Network and advertisers. If you do choose to receive these communications by means of an opt-in, we will occasionally send you an email message that matches your request(s).
We currently provide the following opt-out opportunities: i. At any time, you can follow a link provided in every newsletter or email message (except for e-commerce confirmation or service notice emails) to unsubscribe from that mailing list or email service.
ii. At any time, you can contact us through info@GoHorseShow.com to have your contact preference changed to "Do Not Contact Me."
iv. At any time, you can opt out of having your Personally Identifiable Information shared with our Affiliates for their direct marketing purposes.
5. Third Party Advertising and Links to other Sites The GoHorseShow.com Network contains links to advertiser and partner websites that are not co-branded or affiliated with GoHorseShow.com in any way. We cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such non-GoHorseShow.com websites, and we do not control the practices of any of our advertisers or partners to whose sites we link.
6. Access and Correction GoHorseShow.com provides you with the ability to access, correct or change the Personally Identifiable Information in your member profile at any time, including contact information or other information you've provided to us. Please be advised that GoHorseShow.com currently archives information it collects on its members and visitors.
7. Guidelines regarding children Personal information about children is a concern for all of us. At GoHorseShow.com, we take the protection of children's privacy very seriously. GoHorseShow.com does not encourage participation or visitation by children. Visitors who are known to be under the age of 13 are prohibited from becoming a member.
8. Public forums/chat rooms/message boards/bulletin boards/social networking Throughout the GoHorseShow.com Network various public forums such as chat rooms, message boards, "ask the expert" areas and various question and answer areas are available to you as a registered GoHorseShow.com member.
Please remember that any information you disclose in these public forum areas becomes public information and is immediately accessible on the GoHorseShow.com Network, so it is important for you to exercise discretion and appropriate caution when deciding to reveal personal information in these areas. GoHorseShow.com may decide to utilize the content of Q&A's, interactions with experts, and/or chat room and message board content throughout the GoHorseShow.com Network and in promotions in order to enhance GoHorseShow.com's editorial, advertising, promotional and similar activities. In those cases, we often provide authorship credit by listing the author's member name. We therefore encourage you to use care in protecting your identity when you choose a member name and to keep your member name confidential.
9. How we protect and secure your information GoHorseShow.com has numerous security measures in place to protect you from the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, including your credit card information if you choose to conduct an e-commerce transaction on the GoHorseShow.com Network. All of your member information requires use of your password. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone. GoHorseShow.com uses industry-standard tools, such as firewalls, to ensure that your information is secure and confidential.
10. Applicable Law We control and operate the GoHorseShow.com Network from the United States. The GoHorseShow.com Network is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Please note that we do not represent or warrant that the GoHorseShow.com Network is appropriate for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the GoHorseShow.com Network do so at their own initiative and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
Copyright 2011 GoHorseShow.com. All Rights Reserved.